|Posted on July 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM|
DIY Blogger Ali Fields states her method for deep cleaning without a machine.
1. Start by mixing up a tiny bit of soap (1/8th teaspoon, though you can just eyeball a small amount) with the water in the spray bottle. Don’t shake it excessively, but let it mix.
2. Sprinkle the baking soda and table salt over the area you want to deep clean; you don’t need to cover it completely.
3. Spray the mixture of soapy water lightly over the same area. Let it sit for a few minutes.
4. Brush the carpet in one direction with your brush. This will accumulate hair and debris for you to pick up easily.
5. If there’s still hair/dirt, move 90 degrees from the original direction and start again.
6. Press the towels into the carpet, letting them saturate with water.
7. After the area is mostly dry, empty the soapy mix from your spray bottle, fill it with regular tap water, and lightly spray the carpet once more.
8. Again, press the cloth towels into the carpet. Fields says if she’s cleaning a small area, she’ll put a few heavy items on top of the cloths and let them sit for a while.
I consider this method to be a bit of a hassle but if you have a big brush, it’s easy to do an entire room. But why go through all that hard work when its so much easier to hire a trusted carpet cleaner? Triple D’s Carpet Cleaning is the best carpet cleaner in Fayetteville and in the surrounding areas. Call us today at 910-273-3661 to schedule an appointment.
Comments are disabled.